Long gone are the endless office hours and with it, the dressy office clothes. One of the reasons I miss my corporate fashion life is dressing up for work. Ever since I left my job last year to stay home with my munchkins, I haven’t had the need to buy any “nice” clothes. But that doesn’t stop me from shopping… in my head! I love looking through fashion magazines and drooling over lustworthy goodies. It’s always been a habit of mine to rip out my favorite pages and keep the “tear sheets” in a folder to look up and buy or just admire later. But what really happens with them? Nothing. I rarely look through them and they usually get tossed along with my fashion dreams and wishes. That’s why I’m going to start illustrating my magazine loves that I find lustworthy or in my case, illustworthy (wink wink). Illustrating lustworthy goodies is what I’ve been doing ever since I started this blog, but my glossy goodies series will be based soley on the tear sheets from the issue of the month. Drumroll please. Here’s my first official glossy goodies from Harper’s Bazaar May 2015 issue:
1. Dries Van Noten necklace :: Possibly the only way I’ll wear colorful tassels on my body. And because it’s Dries Van Noten.
2. Chloe Bag :: I need this Georgia crossbody bag because it will fit my life, my boys’ lives and still look trés chic. My arms will be free for cuddles with my little ones.
3. Les Copains dark rinse denim dress :: I don’t wear jeans (I’m convinced they are uncomfortable and not flattering on me) and the only denim I have in my closet is my denim jacket. A dress is another way I’d wear denim and I love that this one has sleeves.
4. Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile :: What better way to remind myself of the year I spent in Tuscany and smell like a rose, the queen of flowers?
5. Tabitha Simmons flats :: Long walks along the Arno River in Florence during sunset with my hubby doesn’t have to hurt by wearing heels. I’d walk confidently and maybe even skip once or twice in these striped lovelies.
A girl can dream.
Here’s a link to my instagram to follow me and see my illustrations long before they are posted on this blog. xox